Shaila is an Indian National who has duel citizenship in the United States and New Zealand. Shaila graduated first in her class with a Bachelor of Law (LLB), a Master of Arts (M.A.) in Economics, and Bachelor of Arts (B.A.) in Economics from the University of Mumbai, India.
She was also admitted to the LLM, Foreign Scholars Program at the University of Houston, Texas. Shaila began working in Business and Family immigration law in 2001 and specializes in:
Shaila also specializes in Immigrant Visas employment based U.S. Permanent Residency cases for extraordinary ability individuals, including for those scientists, outstanding researchers and professors, artists, scholars, other advanced degree and exceptional ability individuals. (Employment Based EB-1 & EB-2).
- Intra-company transfers (L-1 Blanket & L-1A/L-1B)
- Temporary Work Authorizations
- Consular Processing Nonimmigrant Visas
- Treaty Investor and Treaty Trader (E-1 & E-2 visas)
- Free Trade Agreement Professionals from Australia (E-3)
- Religious Worker (R-1)
- Extraordinary Ability (O-1)
- Artist/Entertainer (P-3)
- Exchange Visitor/Trainee (J-1)
- Student Reinstatements (F-1)
- NAFTA - Free Trade Nonimmigrants (TN)
- Visitor (B1/B2): B1 in Lieu of H-1B
Shaila is fluent in Hindi, Telegu, and Kanada, and is conversant in Tamil and Malayalam.